HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR CONCERT FOR MAXIMUM COMMUNITY SUPPORT
QUALITY PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS and assistance by our publicist Burke Communications are available through their offices.
It is important to communicate your goals in the community with quality promotional materials. The first impression
you make should not be secondary. Also we live during a time of such high tech advertisement, that people relate
to quality advertisement to quality products. Think about what appeals to your eye the most, black and white photo
copies or full color glossy pictures. We have a professionally designed poster/flyer for your event.
PROMOTION SCHEDULE AND AREAS OF PROMOTION
|SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS
- POSTER Distribution (be able to download from your web site to save money)
- TICKET SALES begin (Contact itickets,
Christian Concert Authority)
- MEET with sponsors and volunteers (see volunteer form below this schedule)
- RESERVE any technical equipment
for concert night (make sure that theya re
- ORDER promotional material
- CONTACT publicist Burke Communications to work together for interview news stories,
- CONTACT: potential sponsors like pizza delivery companies or anyone who does deliveries to post your event
flyer on all pizza boxes (huge for ticket sales!)
- RADIO OR TELEVISON advertising spots need to be confirmed
- CONTACT Youth Pastors, singles groups, support groups,
by 1. telephone (most important), 2. email, 3. and flyers
- PROVIDE special group rates to churches and/or community
groups and organize a luncheon to offer them special rates (especially youth pastors who
- PRESS Releases, Public Service Announcements to all media, college radio stations in communication
and/or conjunction with bands publicist
- FLYER distribution to churches, community centers, businesses. Private
Schools, Christian bookstores (can also use as bag stuffers if you ask them), grocery stores, and any other
places you think.
- MAILING LISTS from churches
|THREE TO FOUR WEEKS
- CHECK POSTER LOCATIONS and put back up wherever taken down
- DIRECT MAIL advertising to neighborhoods from mailing
- BOOKSTORES - obtain cooperation to air showcase video in store, which will help tremendously
with ticket sales. ALSO you may want to provide the owner or manager with complimentary tickets and/or table
space at the concert.
- MAKE COPIES of Artist showcase DVD or video and distribute to youth pastors, bookstores,
- BEGIN furnishing artist's office of ticket counts
- ANY TV ads begin
- FINALIZE volunteers and personnel for day of concert
- CONTACT artist publicist for any concert updates
- PROVIDE pizza delivery services their flyers to put on all
- SPECIAL INVITATIONS RADIO, TV, AND NEWSPAPER media should receive special passes and/or tickets.
|WEEK OF CONCERT
- CONTACT Artist for ticket counts and publicist
ADVERTISING AND PUBLICITY REQUIREMENTS: the promoter/sponsor agrees to use ONLY pictures, radio spots, posters and
ad mats supplied or approved by the artist.